Sharing the beauty of the world through photography and writings.
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Welcome to my blog for photographers and nature lover's around the world. I hope you enjoy my chitter chatter about life, nature, gardening...and a little bit of kitchen.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

To Hike...or Not

I can't imagine being at a point where I couldn't walk....couldn't hike off into the woods....on a snow laden, winter day...or any day throughout the year, for health reasons.

To not be able to enjoy the crunch of the ground, snow laden or not.

To not be able to discover the simplicity of a sumac spent blossom in its rosy winter color. (Wide aperture wonders.)

To not have the opportunity to 'stumble' across the quaint, hidden treasures of the forest pathways. (Remember ....don't look just straight ahead. You never know what you will miss.)




(Photos taken at Butler Lake Loop Trail - Northern Kettle Moraine)

I can't imagine not being able to enjoy the world of wilderness.

I hope....I won't ever have to. Experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment