Sharing the beauty of the world through photography and writings.
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Welcome to my blog for photographers and nature lover's around the world. I hope you enjoy my chitter chatter about life, nature, gardening...and a little bit of kitchen.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

SLIPPING BY


Time has a crazy way of slipping by, doesn’t it? Another year gone. Another year of age being tacked on. Another chapter of life closed. Another door opened with another opportunity to make yet another list of wants and hopes and goals…with the major hope being that this year a few more will be checked off.

Time has a crazy way of slipping by, doesn’t it?

I have a list. Realistically, I have more than one list. A personal, every day life list. A personal, photography list. The every day list filled with ‘really need to dos’. The photography list filled with ‘really WANT to dos’.

A short term list.
A month to month list.
A this year list.
A bucket list.

I didn’t make resolutions last year.
I didn’t ‘not meet’ a goal on that list and although that should feel good…I feel I need to have that list in order to keep sight of everything that gets lost in the ‘responsibility world’ that surrounds me and drags me down on a regular basis. Before you know it, I was repeating that phrase ‘Life is what happens when you are making other plans’. Many days…I hate that phrase.

Time has a crazy way of slipping by, doesn’t it?

I start this year, probably as I do every year…with high hopes. Goals. Wants. Desires. All mixed in with anxiety, questions, confusion. Maybe I need to mix it up a bit and let the anxiety, questions and confusion be mixed up for once amidst the Goals, Wants and Desires.

Time to take those lists, grab them by the tail, and run with it!!!

Happy New Year to all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment