Sharing the beauty of the world through photography and writings.
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Welcome to my blog for photographers and nature lover's around the world. I hope you enjoy my chitter chatter about life, nature, gardening...and a little bit of kitchen.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Follow Me




(Yes, I let RESPONSIBILITY get in my way last year again. Totally got side-tracked with this 8 to 5 (or rather 6 to 6) thing that helps keep a roof over my head. I had good intentions in 2010. I guess I do at the beginning of every year. Let’s see if we can get back on track again.)

Photography is my passion. It has been for so many years. A lot more than I ever imagined. I put a photo book together for my Mom for Christmas and as I rummaged through boxes and envelopes and albums of old photos, it hit me how much photography has really been a part of my life.

During my teenage years my brother was in to it and developing in his own room at home. I was the second oldest child of six and the oldest daughter and was expected to be the responsible one. Based on that, I learned way too fast how to put my wants and desires aside for other things that were required of me.

As life’s pathway led me to motherhood, being a wife and holding full time job responsibilities, the creative desire got lost in just trying to hold everything together for many years. As the children grew older, I was able to discover it again to a certain extent but the financial aspect of film cameras still kept it at bay.

Having children helped in giving me the opportunity to play with it for a bit and as I rummaged through those old photos, I was half way impressed with my capabilities, as unknowledgeable as they were back then. Okay, maybe I should give the camera a bit more credit than myself!!!

I dived into it again a few years ago (thank you to my awesome daughter) and now…it’s my everyday thought. My everyday desire. My passion. Photography now sidetracks me a bit more from my responsibilities…oops. Hehe. Smiling. I still let the 8 to 5 thingy get in my way as well as some other responsibilities, but slowly I’m learning that it is okay to…do something for myself.

Digital has given me the opportunity to play with it a bit more, although much too hurriedly as I still try to squeeze it in between everything else. It has given me the opportunity to meet some new people. It continues to give me the opportunity to discover new things. It helps me see things that I normally wouldn’t notice. It makes me smile. It warms my heart especially when I can use it to warm other’s hearts, make others smile, help others see the beauty this world has to offer.

Again I begin this year by blogging, photo journaling, sharing with all who might be interested. I hope to make you smile. I hope to show you a world you never knew existed. I hope, that if you are the slightest bit interested, I can teach you a few of the minimal things I have learned about photography. All along the way…I will be learning also.

See where I’ve been so far. Check out my day to day photo word journal. Follow this photo blog to discover the world of photography and life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment