Sharing the beauty of the world through photography and writings.
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Welcome to my blog for photographers and nature lover's around the world. I hope you enjoy my chitter chatter about life, nature, gardening...and a little bit of kitchen.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snow Day


For once this winter, it actually snowed on a day when I could actually enjoy it. I was alone yesterday and able to get out and about on a 'snow day' adventure. Something...at one point in time...I wouldn't even have thought twice about doing. It was 15 degrees. At the beginning of the trip...snowing ever so lightly. I headed for the beach. (Odd...you say.) Cold...slippery...yet worth every mile.




Pigeons on a line. This picture actually captures only half of them.


The falling snow gave everything a wonderful winter wonderland, snow globe effect.



I have driven by this silo many times during summer when it is covered with vines. I've always wanted to stop and get pictures but it is a country road and I always seem to either not be driving or someone is behind me. This wintery day with people staying in allowed me to capture it in a different 'mood'.
I can't wait for summer to get it 'all dressed up'....and next winter (although not in a hurry for that right now) I'll definitely do a couple more snow day adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment