Sharing the beauty of the world through photography and writings.
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Welcome to my blog for photographers and nature lover's around the world. I hope you enjoy my chitter chatter about life, nature, gardening...and a little bit of kitchen.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Showers


I woke to the sounds of our first 2011 Spring Shower this morning. Of course, I didn't know until I looked out the window. My favorite window overlooking the park. The snow has almost completely melted now except in the areas where the piles were five and six feet tall.
I realized....and spoke outloud....that I miss thunderstorms. Not the kind with the scarily close lightning strikes (although I know they kind of come hand in hand). The kind that have thunder rolls - light ones, then loud ones, short ones, long ones. Sometimes making you jump. Sometimes....making you smile.
Not even 30 minutes later, I was greeted by some 'off in the distance' thunder rolls and shortly thereafter, some nearby thunder rocking...making my Lexi lift her head from her late morning snooze....looking around, wandering what the heck is that mom.
My next home must...no ifs, ands or buts....have a covered deck area on which I can sit and enjoy my morning coffee, afternoon water, evening tea while watching the drip drip drizzle or downpour of a good rain and listening to the thunder roll...in the distance....or nearby.
Hello....Spring. You make me smile thunder roll.
What first signs of spring make you smile...and ponder...and wish?

2 comments:

  1. I love your photos and the writings - so expressive. I feel like I'm right there with you.

    Nancy
    http://dogear6.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It is what I enjoy. Writing and photography. But more than anything...to make people smile and think and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete