Sharing the beauty of the world through photography and writings.
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Welcome to my blog for photographers and nature lover's around the world. I hope you enjoy my chitter chatter about life, nature, gardening...and a little bit of kitchen.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Water Falls

I love waterfalls. I love to sit and listen to them. Especially if they are surrounded by the woods, birds singing, wind blowing. I've been trying my hand at catching them in that silky flow that so many photographers catch them in. It's a trick. A challenge. A fun one at that. Finding just the right setting of aperture and shutter speed in just the right light.

If it's bright out (I prefer an overcast day, or atleast not a bright sunny day), aperture needs to be closed down and the shutter speed has to be slowed. Again, you have to find the right combination of settings on both. Trial and error. If it's bright out, it's difficult to tell. Even viewing the white balance has given me the wrong perception.

Mostly...patience. Sometimes a lot of shots and possibly even a return trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment