Sharing the beauty of the world through photography and writings.
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Welcome to my blog for photographers and nature lover's around the world. I hope you enjoy my chitter chatter about life, nature, gardening...and a little bit of kitchen.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Past


Do you remember when digital photography came alive? It has only been about 10 years. Things have changed so much just as everything else in modern technology has. The new DSLR's provide so much functionality, so many new avenues to take your creativeness along with the ever growing library of software programs that are being developed and changing almost as rapidly or more than the cameras themselves. The world is inundated with photographers of all kinds, all levels providing our eyes with books and books, pages and pages, digital files after digitals files to feast on, to trigger our imagination, our dream world..even our taste buds. We drool...not over the picture perfect apple pie but over the new equipment that is available, the new software, or even better the expression and emotion that we hope some day we can also present in our creative photography attempts.

Yet....I love the way we keep going back...to black and white...to the look of Polaroids. In my attempt to expand my horizons this year with my photography, I've been playing with some really awesome 'teachers' and have learned how to recreate a 'picture of the present' into a 'picture of the past'.

No comments:

Post a Comment