Sharing the beauty of the world through photography and writings.
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Welcome to my blog for photographers and nature lover's around the world. I hope you enjoy my chitter chatter about life, nature, gardening...and a little bit of kitchen.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

One Little Word 2013 - DO


On the last day of the month, my January project for the One Little Word inspiration is complete...for now.  I know that as I move through this year of 'ME'...(yes, I've decided it might just be  All About Me) I will probably have to revamp what it is I will DO in 2013.  I worry some of the actions I associate with this Little Word are kind of redundant of each other but I believe I can and will adjust as I move forward.

I tried to put the actions in order of how I wanted to tackle them but it was difficult because several of them I need to now in order to get to some of the later ones. Again..I may adjust.  Or take a week or two a month and focus on a couple different ones that might be good to flow together.

I have a job that demands way too much of me and like a silly little person, I put it first too many times. I use it...as an excuse..maybe...for not doing some of the things that I am just too exhausted, mentally, to do when I get home...or on my days off.  So...I do NOT DO.  Yet, when I do DO, it feels great.  It energizes me.  It makes my soul and my heart smile...if only until I get up and do the entire routine again the next day.

It took me almost two weeks to really decide what my word would be this year.  DO seemed to be the one that would direct me towards what, yes, what I really need to do.

A big part of the issue is that my job requires me to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and therefore, I take that same concept home with me, I do things quickly, I do them sloppily and not in an organized manner.  Therefore, DO Organize.  This one I have really been able to tackle already in January although there is still a bit more to do but it's on its way and it definitely has helped.  DO Organize is definitely one that I will have to work towards on a monthly...even a daily or weekly basis..in order to allow myself to move forward with every thing else I need to DO.

This also brings me to the DO Slow Down.  As Kim indicated in one of her last week's posts, Be Present.  Slow down.  Pay attention.  Enjoy. Bringing us to Do Focus so these two could work together  once I have a month of slow down.  What better month than February before the hustle and bustle of the upcoming spring months.    Two DOs that I will have to work hard at, leaving behind the chaos at work, enjoying the every day simplicity of every day life...away from corporate.

April brings DO Travel because...I do have a trip to a wedding on the East Coast that I will travel to and I hope it can be in a slow manner of driving and enjoying the countryside that I have enjoyed in so many years, parts of which I have never seen.  This of course goes along with DO Discover of June..another month in which I have new travel plans...but the intention of the Discover is also to do regular, hopefully weekly, discovering of more local destinations in hopes of Doing the May Little word involved with improving...my photography...my job situation...my living situation (I continue to believe that by then my house will sell thus giving me some financial freedom...to a certain extent).

All of these should work together and help improve myself, my photography and more than anything, my attitude in its entirety, thus helping make it through the second half of the year DOs.

Can I say...I am excited.

I can't wait for tomorrow when I begin incorporating the next, very needed, DO.

S    L    O    W          D   O   W   N___________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment