Sharing the beauty of the world through photography and writings.
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Welcome to my blog for photographers and nature lover's around the world. I hope you enjoy my chitter chatter about life, nature, gardening...and a little bit of kitchen.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

RANDOM RAMLINGS


I love my office space.  I love the quiet, all to myself spot I have created here.  A couple improvements need to be made like a real desk.  Currently I have an old kitchenette table that I use.  Not a full fledged dining table but one of those smaller sized ones that would fit into a little kitchen nook area.  It’s just a tad bit high to make my arms and hands comfortable with the key board.   Maybe it is the way my body is built because I seem to have the same problem at work. I can’t seem to get my hands in the proper position to be able to utilize the speed that I know I have for typing….without making mistakes.

A bit more organization is needed also.  Someone bought a small filing cabinet for me some time ago but they are pretty cheaply made and you can’t even open the drawers all the way. Once they are weighted down with paperwork it is even worst. I do question whether I have much use for them now in this so called paperless society – not.  What ever happened to that thought?  I don’t pack rat documents as much as I used to.  There was a point in time when I would keep years of utility and credit card statements.  I used to have to keep them though when I did my volunteer wildlife rehab work.  I don’t need to keep most of them any longer though.  Shredders are a wonderful thing.

I am a lover of owls…and several other bird species.  I would like to find some owl representation to sit in my space here to, well, look over me.  My lap top, of course, has a clock of sorts on it…but a real old time clock would be nice to sit in here also. I have a small vase of dried lily of the valleys from my gardens and I need to bring it back in.  It currently sits dormant in my photography studio ..another space calling for attention this winter.

Having this space that I have created for the purpose of allowing me to sit peacefully, thoughtfully for my writings has really helped in keeping my initiative up to get up an hour earlier every day.  Now, its only been three days…four counting today so I have, what 56 more days to go to make this a habit, I go with the people that believe it only takes 60 and not those that believe it takes 90.  Now..it is just a matter of finding what is going to get people interested in listening to me.  In visiting an communicating with me to make me feel that I have a purpose with all of this.

I find a good site on the web last night with lots of interesting activity on writing and blogging with wordpress sites.  I’ve considered going to WordPress but I don’t want to start all over again.  I need t figure out if there is a way to convert  my current blogspot to wordpress.  Does it really matter?  From gaining a community perspective?  No, I’m guessing it is more a matter of content of subject matter.  I know that is the main thing I need to figure out.

I have gone back and forth and included many different things and maybe that is okay.  I just have not stuck to it and so, my blog goes stagnant.  I love nature and gardening, hiking and travelling.  Those have always been my intent for subject matter.  I just need to figure out how to present to make people want to listen to me. I need to figure out how to ‘write’ it to make it interesting and attractive to people all over.

Today was just a rambling day as I couldn’t get my thoughts together on the other things I was going to ramble about. I apologize if I have bored you.  I believe you will have to put up with a few of these types of posts which are thought processes for me in order to move to the next step.  Practice sessions, per se.

My end goal is to blog about  photography, nature, wildlife,  gardening, trails in the area to hike, events to enjoy, and worldly travels with a dabble of cooking here and there.

Please be patient with me as I figure this blogging world out.

Really…I am a writer and a photographer.

Thanks for listening and words of your wisdom are always helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment