Sharing the beauty of the world through photography and writings.
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Welcome to my blog for photographers and nature lover's around the world. I hope you enjoy my chitter chatter about life, nature, gardening...and a little bit of kitchen.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter Sunrise


Less than six hours ago, we were in the middle of a blizzard. A winter storm. 50 mph winds. Snow. Drifts 4 feet tall. Highways impassable. 18 wheelers stuck. Cars buried in snow over the hoods; up to the windows.
I looked out front to check out the road and the sun was rising over the chimney of the house across the street. I noticed the long, sparkling icycles. I wondered....is this what it felt like after 'The Flood' when the Dove arrived? Was it this peaceful looking. This breathtaking.
It was like....the forgiving after the anger and arguing. After the 'words that fly'. The coldness. The whirlwind of emotions. The tears.
Then...the quiet. The exhaustion. Feeling of lifted weight. Hugs. Consoling. Peace. Smiles. Understanding. Happiness.
The cycle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment