Sharing the beauty of the world through photography and writings.
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Welcome to my blog for photographers and nature lover's around the world. I hope you enjoy my chitter chatter about life, nature, gardening...and a little bit of kitchen.

Monday, March 19, 2012

BEYOND the LAYERS of GREEN

How excited I was to find that the first color of the week is GREEN. My absolutely most favorite color...given the proper shade of course.

I remember, when staying with my Grandma Gonia one day, that she asked me what my favorite color was. I was in the fifth grade then. Mind you this was after she had bought me an 'orange' dress. Yes, Orange. I am a natural redhead, although I prefer to call it strawberry blonde (minus the blonde aspect, smiling) and at that point, yes, my hair was red. I don't wear orange, but I do love it over the Halloween and Thanksgiving holidays but not on this bod.

Anyhow, I digressed. My response to her was Green. She asked why and I explained because it stood for everything nature has to offer from the green grass, to new plants arising in the spring or any other time and the wonderful, blowing in the wind leaves of trees. We lived on a property in Hales Corner at that time and it had a pond and an awesome Weeping Willow tree that I just loved more than anything because of the way it blew in the wind.

I've gone through my phases of browns and blues but I always end up back to GREEN as my favorite.

I am a nature passionate person. Always have been. Always will be.

Green. I. Love. Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment