"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. " .... Ansel Adams
Friday, February 28, 2014
Five Favorites Friday - Sitcom City
1. Big Bang Theory is one of the shows that I search for especially when there is nothing else to watch or do. It makes me laugh. Another grounding effect for me I guess you could say. It just downright makes me laugh. After all what better medicine is there. Even when I watch the reruns that I have seen many times...I always seem to find something else in that same show to laugh about. Maybe my mood is just different when I watch it again.
2. Friends - This is one of my all time favorites for many many years. It comes on at 10 pm here and I still periodically will watch it when I climb into bed at night and will fall asleep to it..and wake up to it if I don't put the tv in sleep mode. It ranks up there with Big Bang Theory or maybe I should say Big Bang Theory ranks up there with it. It's the feel goodness about the 'friends' and loving each other for each others idiosyncrasies. Living life together through every event and still remaining friends.
3. Grey's Anatomy - Friends...in a medical environment? But with more drama of course. A soap opera of the evening, per se. I wonder...would I watch it if it didn't have Patrick Dempsey? (smiling)
4. American Idol - when it is in season - I didn't used to watch the initial audition portion of the shows with all the goofiness but this season I did watch it a bit more. I still prefer to watch it from the first hollywood week portion through to the end. It is one that I will record and watch where I can fast forward through the insane amount of commercials that air throughout it. I just love the concept of someone being brave enough to go for their dreams surrounded but so many people with the same passion. Can you imagine a show like this of professional photographer wanna bes? Photographic competitions with judges to give you some real critique.
5. Wheel of Fortune - Because I need something to challenge my intelligence? And I keep hoping my wheel number might come up on the screen to win 5K? Except many times I forget to watch for it. (silently laughing to myself)
I record the season new shows for Big Bang Theory and Grey's Anatomy and American Idol.
(Monday nights are kind of the nights that I call my wind down on Monday nights after that first day back at work after a busy weekend so I will also watch Two Broke Girls and Mike and Molly...again...for the laughter release effect.
What shows do you look forward to week after week and why?